The Zuppa Toscana Soup is your best aid in losing weight and in keeping your body slim and fit. Here is how to prepare this delicious, low-carb soup.
1. First of all, take the Italian ground sausage and brown it in a skillet; use medium heat
2. Take a slotted spoon and use it to remove the sausage while discarding the grease. Place it slowly into a 6-quart slow cooker.
3. Next on, place oil into the same skillet used for the sausage and sautÃ© one onion for around 4 minutes
4. Remove the onion and add it ogether with the vegetable stock, chicken, kale, cauliflower florets, red pepper flakes, pepper and salt to the slow cooker. Stir and mix for 2 minutes.
5. Cook the entire mix for up to 4 hours on high or up to 8 hours on low temperature
6. Add cup of heavy cream and mix it together
7. Bon appetit!
- 1 pound mild or hot ground Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup finely diced onion or 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 36 ounces chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 large cauliflower head, diced into small florets
- 3 cups chopped kale
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream